Student Checking (Ages 13-17)
Financial Independence Starts Here
Our Student Checking Account is just for members 13 – 17 years old. It gives you the chance to gain the financial independence you’ve been looking for, without spending a dime. With your own checking account and debit card, you can start spending your money, your way.
Your Money. Your Account. Your Future.
Open a Student Checking Account with these smart features.
- Members ages 13 – 17 can open a Student Checking Account with their parent or guardian listed as a joint owner.
- You receive your own debit card that you can use in stores, online, or anywhere else that you see the Visa logo.
- It’s free – There are no hidden fees or charges you need to worry about.
- Having a Student Checking Account makes you eligible to apply for a GCEFCU scholarship.
- Online Banking – Keep track of your saving and spending online from your computer or phone.
- When you turn 18, you are automatically pre-approved for a GCEFCU credit card so that you can start building your credit early.*
Don’t Know Much About Checking Accounts Or Banking?
That’s the easy part. We are here with information about how to write a check, use a debit card, save for your future, or anything else you need. And when the time comes, we’ll also be happy to show you how to get the best deal on your first car loan.
*Parents must cosign & meet minimum credit check standards for the student’s Visa credit card pre-approval.
Disclosure: Must be between ages 13 – 17 to qualify for a Student Checking Account. Parent or guardian must be listed as a joint owner on the account. Velocity limits: $250 cash, $500 debit, $500 credit. Once the member turns 18 they may request that their account be changed to a regular checking account with regular velocity limits.
Sandy Savers (up to age 12)
This is a fun savings club just for kids 12 years of age and under. As club members, kids become inspired to save by being rewarded with cool prizes. Then money saving becomes a skill for their future – like when they’re saving for that first “mussel” car or “sand castle.”
Here’s The Nitty Gritty From Sandy The Crab
- Kids up to 12 years of age qualify to open a Sandy Savers Club Account – a real savings account just like grown-ups have.
- Fill up your Sandy Saver Punch card by making five deposits of $10 or more, once your card is full, you’ll be able to pick a cool prize.
- Open an account with an initial deposit of as little as $10 by any child whose parent or grandparent is a member of Gulf Coast Educators.
- Members receive a really cool Sandy Savers Account card.
- Web page just for our Sandy Saver members.
- And lots more!
Join Sandy’s Crustacean Nation of Savers Today!
Ready to dive in? All you need is the child’s social security number and $10 to open the club account. Sandy Savers Kids Club accounts are opened jointly with a parent, grandparent or legal guardian, and require the join owner’s signature. It’s just a simple legal claws.
Start encouraging your family’s future generations of penny “inchers’ to join the Sandy Savers Club today!
Open Minor Account
Use this form to open your minor child (aged 0-17) a membership so they can start saving and learning about finances.