What are you saving for? A new car? A vacation? Your child’s college? Whatever it is, saving money isn’t easy. So we are here to help.
For a limited time, we are giving you the opportunity to save BIG. By opening a My Savings Goal account, and pledging to save between $500 – $5,000 before December 31, 2018. You will earn 1.99% APY* on your savings, and be entered to win the grand prize. What is the grand prize? We will match whatever your savings goal was that you met.
- Open a My Savings Goal account by filling out the form below, and make your pledge (between $500 – $5,000).
- Transfer money to your My Savings Goal account as often as you’d like. You can even set up an automatic transfer to make it easier on yourself. However, you cannot transfer more than $1,000 per month.
- My Savings Goal account funds will earn 1.99% APY* up to $5,000.
- Don’t make any withdrawals on your My Savings Goal account between now and December 31, 2018, otherwise you will be disqualified from the grand prize drawing and the 1.99% APY*.
- Meet your goal by December 31, 2018, and you will be entered to win the grand prize drawing – a 100% match of your savings goal!
- On January 1, 2019, all funds in your My Savings Goal account will be deposited into your primary savings, giving you the opportunity to start saving for a new goal. Funds will be deposited back into your primary savings account on January 1 and July 1 every year.
Not a Member?
Not a problem. We can get you signed up for a membership and start your My Savings Goal account all at the same time. Get started by filling out the form below.
1. Eligibility: All Gulf Coast Educators FCU Members in good standing are eligible. No purchase or obligation necessary to enter or to receive any prize. Entrants must be legal U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older at time of entry in the sweepstakes. Prize is non-transferable. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
2. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Sweepstakes dates are August 1– December 31, 2018.
3. TWO WAYS TO ENTER: 1: During the promotion period, eligible members who open a My Savings Goal account and set a savings goal of $500 – $5,000, and then meet their savings goal by December 31, 2018 without making any withdrawals on their My Savings Goal account will be entered in the sweepstakes drawing to win a grand prize matching the total of their savings goal amount that was submitted between $500 and $5,000. 2: To enter the sweepstakes without meeting your savings goal, clearly print your name, address, telephone number and the words “My Savings Goal” Sweepstakes on a 3″ x 5″ card and mail the card to: My Savings Goal Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Entries must be mailed in order to be received by sponsor on or before the last day in the sweepstakes deadline for the prize drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, damaged, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries not received by the deadline. Members who enter the sweepstakes drawing via mailed postcard without opening a My Savings Goal account will be eligible to win the minimum grand prize amount of $500. MEMBERS WHO ARE ENTERED AUTOMATICALLY BY MEETING THEIR SAVINGS GOAL AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND MEMBERS WHO ENTER BY MAIL SHALL HAVE THE SAME ODDS OF WINNING. Only one entry per member.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules & Qualifications, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Decisions made by Sponsor are final. By entering the sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and these Official Rules & Qualifications. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent the Official Rules & Qualifications. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Winners who are of legal age, by entering the sweepstakes, agree to grant the Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, in any media including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, their names and pictures for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Further, by accepting a sweepstakes prize, winners agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability arising from acceptance, possession, use loss or misuse of the prize.
5. DRAWING: Eligible entries automatically generated and those received by the deadline by mail will be eligible for a chance to win between $500 and $5,000, depending on what the member sets their savings goal as. The grand prize drawing will be held on Monday, January 7, 2019 at the Sponsor’s main office at 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas by 4:00 pm CST.
6. ODDS OF WINNING & TAX LIABILITY: Odds of winning depend on the total number of members who meet their savings goal and those received by mail by 5:00 pm CST on the sweepstakes deadline. Need not be present to win. Prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal and state income taxes associated with the awarding of the prizes. Sponsor is required to file a 1099-MISC tax form in the name of the winner of the Grand Prize for the value of the prize. The cash value of the Grand Prize must be included on the federal tax return of the winner as taxable income. Please consult your tax advisor.
7. GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Winner will receive between $500 and $5,000 in a cash deposit into their account. If winner opened a My Savings Goal account and met their savings goal, they will receive a grand prize matching the amount that the member pledged to save. If the winner entered the sweepstakes drawing via mailed postcard without opening a My Savings Goal account they will win the minimum grand prize amount of $500.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete, sign and return a Sponsor-supplied Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release form within 14 days of being informed they are the winner. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize and a new winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security setting or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, fails to claim either a weekly or the Grand Prize within 14 days from the time an award notification was sent to winner, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
9. PUBLICITY: The winner agrees to permit Sponsor to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Sponsor materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage or any other liability of any kind resulting from use of a prize won from Sponsor in this sweepstakes.
The promotion and drawing are governed by these Official Rules & Qualifications and the laws of the State of Texas. Any dispute regarding the sweepstakes shall be resolved only in a state or federal court location in or near Pasadena, Texas.
11. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the grand prize winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: My Savings Goal Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Requests for the winner’s name must be received by November 1, 2018.