SWIPE. SIGN. SET SAIL!
We’re giving away a cruise to Mexico! When you use your GCEFCU issued Visa Card to make purchases or pay for things from May 9 to July 17, 2016, you’ll automatically be entered into a drawing to win the Summer “Swipe, Sign & Sail“ CRUISE to MEXICO!
Here’s how it works, and how you can make sure you’re entered to win!
Simply make a Swipe & Sign purchase using your GCEFCU issued Visa Card (any card with the credit union’s logo and Visa logo on it including our debit cards, classic credit card, Visa rewards card and even our HSA debit cards). For every purchase you make you’ll earn one entry into the drawing for our cruise!* And, there’s NO LIMIT to the number of entries you can earn! Click here to learn how to enter without using your card.
The more you Swipe & Sign with your GCEFCU Visa Card the better your chances of winning the cruise Grand Prize!
$100 Weekly Cash Prize Giveaway!
Plus, if winning a cruise isn’t enough, with each Swipe & Sign Visa Card purchase you make during the sweepstakes period, you’ll also be automatically entered into our weekly $100 cash prize giveaway!
DO I QUALIFY IF:
- I use my credit union VISA® debit card to pay at a restaurant – YES, as long as you sign
- I use my credit card to pay my electricity bill – YES, congratulations you just entered
- I pay for my groceries and use my PIN and get cash back – NO, this does not apply to transactions where you use your PIN, but you did get free cash back.
- I use an ATM machine – NO way, you used your PIN
- I pay for gas at the pump – YES, if you select the credit option and don’t enter your PIN.
So if you’re not already using your GCEFCU Visa Card, now there are even more reasons to start! The more you swipe, the more you’ll appreciate the convenience and savings it offers … and the better your chances of winning a cruise to Mexico, or some cold hard cash!
Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union
Swipe, Sign & Sail Official Rules & Qualifications
1. Eligibility: All Gulf Coast Educators FCU Members in good standing are eligible. No purchase or obligation necessary to enter or to receive any prize. Entrants must be legal U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older at time of entry in the sweepstakes. Prize is non-transferable. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited bylaw.
2. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Sweepstakes dates are May 9, 2016 to July 17,2016.
3. TWO WAYS TO ENTER: 1: During the promotion period, eligible members will be automatically entered in the sweepstakes drawing to win a weekly or grand prize each time they use their Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union issued VISA Card, or any card with the Gulf Coast Educators Credit Union logo and VISA logo on it, including debit cards, classic credit card, VISA rewards card, or Has debit card, for a purchase that required a signature. There is no limit to the number of entries earned using these cards. Purchases made using a PIN do not qualify. 2: To enter the sweepstakes without completing a swipe and sign VISA transaction, clearly print your name, address, telephone number and the words “Swipe, Sign & Sail” Sweepstakes on a 3″ x 5″ card and mail the card to: Swipe, Sign & Sail Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Entries must be mailed in order to be received by sponsor on or before the July 16, 2016 deadline for the grand prize and one day before each weekly prize drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, damaged, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries not received by the deadline. Members may mail as many entry cards as they wish. MEMBERS WHO ARE ENTERED AUTOMATICALLY BY SWIPING THEIR CARDS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND MEMBERS WHO ENTER BY MAIL SHALL HA VE THE SAME ODDS OF WINNING.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules & Qualifications, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Decisions made by Sponsor are final. By entering the sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and these Official Rules & Qualifications. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent the Official Rules & Qualifications. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Winners who are of legal age, by entering the sweepstakes, agree to grant to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, in any media including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, their names and pictures for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Further, by accepting a sweepstakes prize, winners agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability arising from acceptance, possession, use loss or misuse of the prize.
5. DRAWING: Eligible entries automatically generated and those received by the deadline by mail will be eligible for a chance to win a $100 prize to be given award each week during the promotion period. Non-winning entries in the weekly prize drawings will be included in the drawing for the Grand Prize cruise to and from Mexico. To receive the $100 weekly prize, one winner per week will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries. Weekly non-winners will be rolled over to the next week’s drawing. One winner will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries to receive the Grand Prize cruise to Mexico.
The weekly prize drawing will be held on the following Mondays in 2016: May 16, May 23, May 30, June 6, June 13, June 20, June 27, July 11 and July 18 and Tuesday July 5. The Grand Prize drawing will be held on July 22, 2016 at the Sponsor’s main office at 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas at 4:00 pm CST.
6. ODDS OF WINNING & TAX LIABILITY: Odds of winning either a weekly $100 prize or the Grand Prize depend on the total number of entries automatically generated and those received by mail by 5:00 pm CST on July 16, 2016. Need not be present to win. Prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal and state income taxes associated with the awarding of the prizes. Sponsor is required to file a 1099-MISC tax form in the name of the winner of the Grand Prize for the value of the prize. The cash value of the Grand Prize must be included on the federal tax return of the winner as taxable income. Please consult your tax advisor.
7. GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Winner will receive a 5 day/4-night trip for two (2) people (winner and 1 guest) on a cruise to and from Cozumel, Mexico departing from Galveston, Texas with room accommodations being 1 room, double occupancy. Grand Prize also includes $400 awarded in the form of a VISA gift card that may be used toward the payment of expenses associated with the prize. Any and all expenses incurred on while on the cruise over and above the Grand Prize cruise and $400 VISA gift card value, will be the sole responsibility of the winner, including, but not limited to, expenses to travel from their home to the Galveston, Texas departure port. Winner’s guest on the cruise must be 18 years of age or older at the time of departure from Galveston, Texas. Trip is subject to availability and other conditions and restrictions. Winner and guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the cruise line. Cruise is subject to availability and other conditions and restrictions Grand Prize cruise must be taken and completed by December 31, 2016. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize including the $400 VISA gift card is $2,800. Actual Retail Value depends on the existing rates at the time of travel. Any difference between the stated “ARV” and the actual value at the time of travel will not be awarded. Winner may elect to receive the $2,800 total Grand Prize value in the form of a check to the winner in lieu of taking the cruise Grand Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or gift card once they are in the winner’s possession.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete, sign and return a Sponsor-supplied Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release form within 14 days of being informed they are the winner. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize and a new winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security setting or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, fails to claim either a weekly or the Grand Prize within 14 days from the time an award notification was sent to winner, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
9. PUBLICITY: Each winner agrees to permit Sponsor to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Sponsor materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage or any other liability of any kind resulting from use of a prize won from Sponsor in this sweepstakes.
The promotion and drawing are governed by these Official Rules & Qualifications and the laws of the State of Texas. Any dispute regarding the sweepstakes shall be resolved only in a state or federal court location in or near Pasadena, Texas.
11. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the weekly $100 winners or the Grand Prize winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Swipe, Sign & Sail Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Requests for the list of winner’s names must be received by August 1, 2016.