Own Your Bank – Join a Credit Union
Becoming a member-owner of the credit union
As an employee of a school district or college in the Houston area, you too can bank at Gulf Coast Educators where friendly, affordable, personal service has made the credit union a success with educators for over 68 years. Open your Gulf Coast Educators account today and start banking where you’re more than just an account number, you’re a member-owner who shares in the credit union’s success. Click the START button if you are ready to begin enjoying the benefits of more money, time & peace of mind that comes with membership.
All the products and services of a big bank but designed to help make our members more money, save time and provide peace of mind:
- Early deposits of most payroll (Members report receiving their direct deposits on average at least a day earlier than at other FIs. Check out how one district’s direct deposit averages more than two days early)
- .25% Annual Percentage Rate discount on first credit union auto or personal loan
- Shared success via our Loyalty Bonus
- Instant issue Visa Credit Cards
- Remote deposit via mobile app
- 55,000 Surcharge free ATMs
- Transfer money to anyone via text message
- Instantly issued & personalized VISA Debit Cards
- Online & Mobile Banking with free Bill Pay
- Low rate car, personal & mortgage loans
- Competitive savings products
- Loans specifically designed for school employees
- Free checking with no minimum balance
- And much more – check out our owner’s manual
Now’s the time for you to come and experience the credit union difference, and become a member-owner instead of a customer at a bank.
For more information about the credit union feel free to look around our website or give us a call at 281.487.9333
Switching From Another Credit Union?
We Make Switching To Gulf Coast Educators As Easy As 1-2-3-4!
Our Switch Kit includes everything you need to help you make a smooth transition to Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union. All the letters and forms you will need to make this transition as easy as possible are provided here. All you have to do is print and mail the letters to the appropriate companies and/or individuals. In just four easy steps, you can be on your way to enjoying all the benefits of Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union membership:
- Competitive rates on loans to save you money
- Above market rates on savings to make you money
- Free online banking and bill pay for convenient access to your money
- Free checking with free debit card to save you money
- And more ways to help you get more money, time & peace of mind.
Make the switch to Gulf Coast Educators today!
Step 1: Open your account with Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union at any one of our 3 branch locations. You will need to bring:
- Pictured drivers license or state identification card
- Your name as it appears on your Social Security Card
- Proof of employment (one of the following)
- Pay Stub
- Letter from your Personnel Office
Your credit union membership is represented by your Share Account. You may become a member by simply completing an application form (signature card), paying the $5.00 membership fee, and depositing the minimum balance of $5.00 in a Share Account. In keeping with our policy of ?Once a Member, Always a Member,? as long as you maintain this minimum balance you remain a member, even if you leave our field of membership.
Once you have a Gulf Coast Educators account number.
Step 2: Switch direct deposits and automatic deposits by contacting your employer for the corresponding forms.
Step 3: Change automatic payments and withdrawals using the Change Automatic Withdrawal form.
Step 4: Close all other savings, checking & bill payment accounts using the Close Account form.
For additional detail or help switching your accounts to Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union just ask us! We’ll be glad to help. Please visit any branch office or call 281.487.9333 or 1.800.683.3863
Finding a Credit Union
If you do not qualify for membership at Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, we have information that may be helpful to you in finding a credit union that you are eligible to join. Click here to get started.