Win a back to school shopping spree!
Back to school shopping is expensive – There’s new clothes, shoes, backpacks, school supplies, and more. So this summer we are giving you the chance to win a $1,000 back to school shopping spree!
Every time you use your credit or debit card (with the credit option) during the month of July, you will be entered into a drawing to win a $1,000 back to school shopping spree. Every transaction counts as 1 entry, so use your card (with the credit option) as often as you can to increase your chances of winning! There is no minimum dollar amount, you could win by simply buying a piece of gum. Click here for complete rules and alternate entry method.
Don’t have a GCEFCU credit card?
No problem. You can apply for one today. The online application takes only seconds to fill out, and your personal loan officer will contact you shortly after. Click the button below to get started.
- Eligibility: All Gulf Coast Educators FCU Members in good standing are eligible. No purchase or obligation necessary to enter or to receive any prize. Entrants must be legal U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older at time of entry in the sweepstakes. Prize is non-transferable. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited bylaw.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Sweepstakes dates are July 1– July 31, 2018.
3. TWO WAYS TO ENTER: 1: During the promotion period, eligible members who perform at least one transaction on their Gulf Coast Educators FCU debit or credit card using the credit option will be automatically entered in the sweepstakes drawing to win a $1,000 shopping spree. Every credit transaction after that is an additional entry into the sweepstakes. 2: To enter the sweepstakes without performing a debit/credit card transaction, clearly print your name, address, telephone number and the words “Spend-Sign-Shop” Sweepstakes on a 3″ x 5″ card and mail the card to: Spend-Sign-Shop Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Entries must be mailed in order to be received by sponsor on or before the last day of the sweepstakes deadline for the prize drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, damaged, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries not received by the deadline. Members may mail as many entry cards as they wish. MEMBERS WHO ARE ENTERED AUTOMATICALLY BY PERFORMING A DEBIT/CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND MEMBERS WHO ENTER BY MAIL SHALL HAVE THE SAME ODDS OF WINNING.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules & Qualifications, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Decisions made by Sponsor are final. By entering the sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and these Official Rules & Qualifications. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent the Official Rules & Qualifications. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Winners who are of legal age, by entering the sweepstakes, agree to grant the Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, in any media including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, their names and pictures for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Further, by accepting a sweepstakes prize, winners agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability arising from acceptance, possession, use loss or misuse of the prize.
- DRAWING: Eligible entries automatically generated and those received by the deadline by mail will be eligible for a chance to win a $1,000 shopping spree. The prize drawing will be held on the following date at the Sponsor’s main office at 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas by 4:00 pm CST: August 3, 2018.
- ODDS OF WINNING & TAX LIABILITY: Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries automatically generated and those received by mail by 5:00 pm CST on the sweepstakes deadline. Need not be present to win. Prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal and state income taxes associated with the awarding of the prizes. Sponsor is required to file a 1099-MISC tax form in the name of the winner of the Grand Prize for the value of the prize. The cash value of the Grand Prize must be included on the federal tax return of the winner as taxable income. Please consult your tax advisor.
- GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Winner will receive $1,000 in a cash deposit into their account.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete, sign and return a Sponsor-supplied Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release form within 14 days of being informed they are the winner. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize and a new winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security setting or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, fails to claim either a weekly or the Grand Prize within 14 days from the time an award notification was sent to winner, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner selected.
- PUBLICITY: The winner agrees to permit Sponsor to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Sponsor materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage or any other liability of any kind resulting from use of a prize won from Sponsor in this sweepstakes.
The promotion and drawing are governed by these Official Rules & Qualifications and the laws of the State of Texas. Any dispute regarding the sweepstakes shall be resolved only in a state or federal court location in or near Pasadena, Texas.
- WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Spend-Sign-Shop Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Requests for the winner’s name must be received by August 3, 2018.