Our goal at Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union is to provide its members with the convenience of Internet delivery channels and to maintain the privacy of their confidential information. GCEFCU’s Internet Account Access and Bill Payer Service uses industry standard security features as outlined below to assure the confidentiality of this information
- GCEFCU’s Internet Account Access uses secure communication. Internet Account Access will only allow browsers that support Secure Socket Layers (SSL). SSL ensures that electronic data communicated between your browser and GCEFCU sites cannot be read by third parties even if the data is intercepted. GCEFCU requires that you use a browser with 128 bit encryption.
- Internet Account Access also requires that you enter a password to verify your identity. In addition to the password verification, Internet Account Access will verify additional identifying information prior to processing your request.
- GCEFCU’s Internet Account Access has a timer that will end your session if you do not interact with the site for a predefined period of time.
- GCEFCU’s Internet Account Access uses a state of the art firewall to secure information of member data stored in our systems from penetration by unauthorized parties. The firewall serves as a control point to stop invasive data from entering our systems and assuring that only authorized data leaves our systems.
- Use of Zelle within the credit union’s mobile app will grant access to the end user’s contact list.
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client’s computer.
When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of our website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Tracking pixels usually work in conjunction with cookies and is a type of technology placed on a website for the purpose of tracking activity. Like cookies, information collected by tracking pixels is anonymous and does not include identifiable customer or personal information.
Cookies are safe, and there are no known cases of cookies being used to introduce or spread computer viruses. While a browser may save cookies to your hard drive, a cookie cannot be used to access your hard drive nor can a cookie be used to reveal anything about you that you have not chosen to enter as a user on a site.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser to alert you of a cookie being offered or to reject all cookies. You can also turn cookies back on if your login is not recognized. Just go to the help function on your browser for complete instructions.
Children’s Privacy Act:
The online financial services offered through the Credit Union’s Website are not designated for or directed toward children under age 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect data from children, and we do no knowingly market to children online without express parental consent or notification. If we receive online information from anyone that we know to be a child, we will only use the information to respond directly to a child’s request.
We recognize that protecting children’s identities and online privacy is important and that responsibility rest with us and with the parents. If any member believes their child has provided personally identifiable information to us, they must contact us so that we can allow them the opportunity to review and delete such information.
Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union’s Privacy Statement is subject to change at anytime without notice.