Send Money in the Moment with Zelle
Send money directly from your account to theirs — typically in minutes.1
Send or receive money right from your Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union app.
Send money to almost anyone you know and trust2 using just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
How to start using Zelle:
- Log into the Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union app.
- Select Send money with Zelle®.
- Enroll your U.S. mobile number or email address
- Send money to friends family and others you know and trust.
Download the Gulf Coast Educators FCU App:
1. What is Zelle?
2. Who can I send money to with Zelle?
3. How do I use Zelle?
4. Someone sent me money with Zelle, how do I receive it?
5. What types of payments can I make with Zelle?
6. How do I get started?
7. What if I want to send money to someone whose bank or credit union doesn’t offer Zelle?
8. How does Zelle work?
9. Can I use Zelle internationally?
10. Can I cancel a payment?
11. How long does it take to receive money with Zelle?
12. Will the person I send money to be notified?
13. Is my information secure?
14. I’m unsure about using Zelle to pay someone I don’t know. What should I do?
15. What if I get an error message when I try to enroll an email address or U.S. mobile number?
16. Can I pay a small business with Zelle?
1 Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
3 In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle®.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.