Gulf Coast Educators FCU provides our members with the nation’s premier identity theft services, including proactive resources and one-on-one expert victim assistance, for only $1 a month or as one of the services included with the Advantage Checking account.
Identity management services to protect your good name.
Gulf Coast Educators understands your identity is your most valuable asset—that’s why we’re proud to provide you and your family members with identity protection services—at no additional cost. Powered by CyberScout, America’s premier provider of identity services, you’ll always receive the identity theft protection you and your family need.
Identity theft protection at every stage.
Identity thieves steal mail, skim credit cards, hack into ATMs and rummage through garbage in the search for their next victim. In the blink of an eye, criminals misuse bits and pieces of your personal information to obtain fraudulent credit and make unauthorized purchases.
No matter what stage you are in life, your identity will always be a prime target for thieves—you may not be aware of it, but the different stages of life put you at risk for different types of identity theft. For example:
For those under 18 – children often have just the right combination for identity thieves: a Social Security number and clean, or nonexistent credit.
In your 20s – new jobs, new apartments, maybe even a new spouse. It’s easy to lose sight of your identity amid the flurry of fun.
In your 30s and 40s – kids, mortgages, car payments. There’s never been so much as stake.
In your 50s – Empty nesting, a taste of freedom…and college tuition. Just when things seem to be settling down, new responsibilities—and risks—kick in.
In your 60s and up – whether it’s time for early retirement or running after the grandkids, these can be special years.
During any stage of life our personal fraud specialists will guide you through the proactive and resolution process—no matter what your identity issue is—until your problem is fully resolved and your peace of mind is restored.
Identity thieves are smart. We’re smarter.
Just as we rely on technology to make our lives easier, thieves and criminals rely on the same technology to steal personal information and commit fraudulent crimes. Protecting your identity is our priority; rest assured that our identity protection services are comprehensive and adaptive to changing times.
With Gulf Coast Educators identity protection services, you can also get assistance with trending threats, including:
- Email Compromise Assist – Thwart, detect and recover from email hacking. Plus, get help managing your identity, privacy and reputation in your online communications.
- Social Media Compromise Assist – Get smart about managing your family’s reputation on social networks and help your children recover from online bullying with our expert guidance.
- Phish Assist – Sidestep phishing scams with our detection and recovery support when crooks try to steal your online usernames, passwords and credit card data.
- Device Compromise Assist – Protect devices—smartphones, tablets, computers and more. Call us before or after an exposure, or when your device is lost or stolen.
- Breach Assist – Respond swiftly, confidently and correctly with our security experts’ help when companies notify you that your data has been compromised.
- Assisted Living Fraud Support – Lean on us for guidance in power of attorney and legal guardianship matters to help avoid fraud while caring for loved ones.
Don’t wait until you’re a victim.
If you want more identity theft information or think you might be a victim of identity theft:
- Simply call us at 281-487-9333
- We’ll transfer you to your personal‐touch fraud specialist at CyberScout’s Resolution Center. There is no added cost to you for these services, no matter how often you talk to a fraud specialist.
These fraud specialists determine your best course of action, cut through the red tape and do most of the heavy lifting—so you don’t have to struggle on your own.
Note: Identity protection services are available to a spouse and/or immediate family members under 26 years old who live in the household.
To sign up for this service, call the credit union at 281-487-9333 or toll free at 1-800-683-3863 and speak with one of our credit union representatives or log into your account using our online banking system and use the Secure Messaging feature found under Options on the drop down menu to make the request. If you have an Advantage Checking account, there is no need to sign up as you are automatically covered as long as your Advantage Checking account is open.