We aren’t like a regular bank. We’re a credit union for teachers and school employees!
Gulf Coast Educators FCU is a credit union for teachers and school employees, that is why all of our products and services revolve around you and your needs. As a school district employee, you and your immediate family members are eligible for membership. When you open your savings account, you unlock all the great perks that being a GCEFCU member has to offer:
- Free savings and checking account. We only require that you keep $1 in your account.
- Direct Deposit your paycheck early. We can even help you switch your direct deposit over to your GCEFCU account with our online Switch Kit.
- Low rates on loans, such as auto loans, personal loans, and credit cards. You even get the option to defer your first payment up to 90 days.
- Special loans just for educators, like our Teacher Mortgage loan, Classroom Supply loan, Professional Development loan, and more.
- Special perks like discounted tickets to local attractions and Classroom Mini Grants.
- Convenient access to everything you need right here online or via our mobile app. You can open your account, get a loan, and pay your bills all from your smart phone.
Who Can Join
Three Ways To Become A Member
1. School District Employee
Employees who work regularly in the Educational Industry in the state of Texas, meaning they work for:
- an elementary school, secondary school, or post-secondary school;
- a county superintendent of schools office;
- an authorized education foundation; or
- a school board, either as employees or trustees.
Those who have retired as pensioners or annuitants from above employment are also eligible.
2. GCEFCU Employee
Employees of Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union are eligible for membership.
3. Family Members
Immediate families or households that fall within the chart below are eligible for membership, as well as spouses of those who have died while whithin the field of membership of this credit union.
How To Join
Becoming a GCEFCU Member
Becoming a member of Gulf Coast Educators FCU is easy! In fact, you can even open your account right here online.
- Pictured drivers license or state identification card
- Your name as it appears on your Social Security Card
- Proof of employment (one of the following)
- Pay Stub
- Letter from your Personnel Office
Switch direct deposits and automatic deposits with our Switch Kit, or by contacting your employer for the corresponding forms.
Change automatic payments and withdrawals using the Change Automatic Withdrawal form.
Close all other savings, checking & bill payment accounts using the Close Account form.
For additional details or help switching your accounts to Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union just ask us! We’ll be glad to help. Please visit any branch office or call 281.487.9333 or 1.800.683.3863.
What We Offer
See What GCEFCU Has To Offer
Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union offers a wide range of innovative services that will enable you do to your banking any time, anywhere. At GCEFCU, you are more than just an account number. You are a member-owner that shares in the credit union’s success.
SAVINGS & INVESTMENTS
- Sandy Saver Kids’ Club (12 and under)
- Term Share Accounts (CDs)
- Jumbo Term Share Accounts (CDs over $100,000)
- Premium Deposit Accounts (PDA)
- College Saver Certificate
- Money Market Account
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Christmas Club Account
- My Savings Goal Account
- Dollar Up Savings Account
- Auto Loans (New & Refinanced)
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- Credit Saver Loan
- Boat Loan
- Motorcycle Loan
- RV/Travel Trailer Loan
- Classroom Supplies Loan
- Relocation Loan
- Professional Development Loan
- First Year Teacher Loan
- Teacher Mortgage
REAL ESTATE LOANS
Being a member of a credit union for teachers has its perks. Not only will you have an affordable & convenient place to do your banking, but you will also have access to all of the great benefits listed below.
There is never a charge to use a Gulf Coast Educators VISA® debit card at one of our ATMs. Other financial institution ATMs charge fees (surcharges) to use their ATMs. To avoid these charges, we’ve partnered with Allpoint Nationwide Network. With Allpoint you have access to your funds wh “no surcharge fees” at tens of thousands of ATMs nationwide.
Your time is worth money and we know it. That’s why we offer you the convenience of doing business with your credit union through direct deposit. The best part is that our members with direct deposit report receiving their deposits at least a day before their coworkers who have accounts elsewhere*.
We offer our members discount tickets for several amusement and theme parks in our area. To purchase tickets, you may contact the credit union for your verified member password (NOT your online banking password), and then purchase them online.
If you have a project or lesson plan you’d like to implement in your classroom, but don’t have the funds to do so, we are here to help. Every January and July we accept hundreds of applications for our $100 Classroom Mini Grants. Must be a GCEFCU member to apply.
Gulf Coast Educators offers thousands of dollars in scholarships to graduating high school seniors every year. Must be a GCEFCU member to apply.
Our Money Talks blog features articles about saving, credit, fraud, and resources for educators. Check out our tips and tricks on all things financial and educational.