E-Statements: 749 reasons to sign up
What do people do with their paper statements anyway? Judging by the number of calls we get asking about shred days, they save them up to bring back to us to shred and many times they weren’t even opened. Seems like a waste of paper doesn’t it?
So we’re giving you 749 reasons to make the switch to E-Statements. Why 749?
- Because we are giving all members signed up for E-Statements the chance to win $749 each quarter in 2017.
- Because the average American uses 749 pounds of paper per year.
- Because you can get a Fellowes® Powershred® 125Ci shredder at an office supply store for $749
- Because for $749 you can buy a new laptop to view, download and store your E-Statements.
The credit union keeps two years of statements in PDF format in our online banking system. Signing up for E-Statements is not only an environmentally friendly thing to do, but it is also a deterrent to identity thieves who love to get their hands on statements either through the mail or in the trash. Can’t do without your paper but still want to enter to win $749? Click here to learn about entering without signing up for E-Statements.
Authorization to discontinue paper statements
By submitting this form, you hereby authorize Gulf Coast Educators FCU to not print and mail you a monthly statement. You understand that the information is readily available to you in other forms.
Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union
749 Reasons to Switch to E-Statements Official Rules & Qualifications
1. Eligibility: All Gulf Coast Educators FCU Members in good standing are eligible. No purchase or obligation necessary to enter or to receive any prize. Entrants must be legal U.S. residents and 18 years of age or older at time of entry in the sweepstakes. Prize is non-transferable. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited bylaw.
2. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Sweepstakes dates are January 1– December 31, 2017.
3. TWO WAYS TO ENTER: 1: During the promotion period, eligible members who are enrolled in E-Statements will be automatically entered in the sweepstakes drawing to win a quarterly grand prize of $749. 2: To enter the sweepstakes without enrolling in E-Statements, clearly print your name, address, telephone number and the words “749 Reasons” Sweepstakes on a 3″ x 5″ card and mail the card to: 749 Reasons Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Entries must be mailed in order to be received by sponsor on or before the last day of each quarter in 2017 deadline for the prize drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, damaged, illegible, postage-due or incomplete entries not received by the deadline. Members may mail as many entry cards as they wish. MEMBERS WHO ARE ENTERED AUTOMATICALLY BY ENROLLING IN E-STATEMENTS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND MEMBERS WHO ENTER BY MAIL SHALL HA VE THE SAME ODDS OF WINNING.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules & Qualifications, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Decisions made by Sponsor are final. By entering the sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and these Official Rules & Qualifications. You and your entries may be disqualified if you attempt to circumvent the Official Rules & Qualifications. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Winners who are of legal age, by entering the sweepstakes, agree to grant to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, in any media including, but not limited to, the World Wide Web, at any time or times, their names and pictures for Sponsor’s advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Further, by accepting a sweepstakes prize, winners agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability arising from acceptance, possession, use loss or misuse of the prize.
5. DRAWING: Eligible entries automatically generated and those received by the deadline by mail will be eligible for a chance to win a $749 prize to be given at the end of each quarter during the promotion period. The quarterly prize drawings will be held on the following dates at the Sponsor’s main office at 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas by 4:00 pm CST: April 3, July 3, October 2, 2017 & January 2, 2018.
6. ODDS OF WINNING & TAX LIABILITY: Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries automatically generated and those received by mail by 5:00 pm CST on December 31, 2017. Need not be present to win. Prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal and state income taxes associated with the awarding of the prizes. Sponsor is required to file a 1099-MISC tax form in the name of the winner of the Grand Prize for the value of the prize. The cash value of the Grand Prize must be included on the federal tax return of the winner as taxable income. Please consult your tax advisor.
7. GRAND PRIZE DESCRIPTION: Winner will receive a $749 in a cash deposit into their account.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner of the Grand Prize will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete, sign and return a Sponsor-supplied Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release/Publicity Release form within 14 days of being informed they are the winner. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize and a new winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for the winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security setting or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is found to be ineligible, fails to claim either a weekly or the Grand Prize within 14 days from the time an award notification was sent to winner, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
9. PUBLICITY: Each winner agrees to permit Sponsor to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Sponsor materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any injury, loss or damage or any other liability of any kind resulting from use of a prize won from Sponsor in this sweepstakes.
The promotion and drawing are governed by these Official Rules & Qualifications and the laws of the State of Texas. Any dispute regarding the sweepstakes shall be resolved only in a state or federal court location in or near Pasadena, Texas.
11. WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the quarterly winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 749 Reasons Sweepstakes, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, 5953 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas 77505. Requests for the list of winner’s names must be received by January 15, 2018.