VISA Purchase Alerts & Card Controls
Set up alerts on your VISA debit and credit card transactions and get near real-time transaction notifications to help you identify possible fraudulent activities. You can also set up card controls to temporarily lock lost or missing cards, decline online transactions, and decline international transactions.
Three steps to enroll in Visa Purchase Alerts
You’ll get near real-time alerts whenever Visa detects a purchase that meets the criteria you selected during enrollment.
- Step 1 – Check eligibility: Check to see if your Visa account is eligible.
- Step 2 – Register to get alerts: Register your mobile device and/or email to receive Visa Purchase Alerts.
- Step 3 – Choose triggers: Choose the notification triggers that match your needs, such as transactions exceeding a set amount.
Set Up Card Controls
When you enroll in Visa Purchase Alerts, you also have access to certain card controls. If your card is lost, stolen, or you may believe you have been a victim of fraud, you can stop all activity or certain transactions on your card at any time. With card controls, you have the following options available:
- Temporarily lock lost or missing card
- Decline online transactions
- Decline international transactions
1 Actual time to receive a transaction alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within area.
2 A qualified transaction is any transaction routed through Visa.
3 Visa Purchase Alerts may not be available in all areas. Account activity qualifying for Visa Purchase Alerts may vary by issuer.
4 Some transactions may not be impacted by these controls. See Terms & Conditions for more information.