Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union will present scholarships annually in the amount of $500.00 per semester for 4 years – a total of $4,000.00 – to four qualified students selected from applicants within our field of membership who meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Applicant must be a high school senior.
2. Student must be a member in good standing with GCEFCU and parent/legal guardian must be a member in good standing with GCEFCU
3. Two scholarships may be awarded to students who express the intent to pursue a course of study that will allow him or her to enter the teaching field. Two scholarships may be awarded to applicants outside the field of education. However, the Committee reserves the right to award scholarships solely based on the areas of consideration listed (#7).
4. Recipient of the scholarship funds must maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 and earn at least twelve hours minimum each semester. A transcript must be received after each semester to show the recipient is within the requirements as set forth by the Board. Failure to comply will result in permanent forfeiture.
5. The scholarship will be used for the purpose of study at an accredited college or university.
6. Scholarship funds will be paid each semester to the school of the recipient’s choice when evidence of enrollment and G.P.A. (copy of transcript or grades) maintained is presented to GCEFCU.
7. Areas of consideration for selection will include need, academic achievement, character, leadership and personal recommendations.
8. If selected as a finalist, the applicant may be required to participate in a personal interview.
9. Selections will be determined by a committee appointed from the Board of Directors of GCEFCU.
10. If the committee’s first choice does not accept the scholarship, a second candidate will be selected.
11. A candidate must have a minimum combined SAT score of 1000 and/or a minimum ACT score of 21.
12. Please send applications to:
GCEFCU, Scholarship Committee,
5953 Fairmont Pkwy
Pasadena, Texas 77505.
Applications must be received or postmarked by Thursday, February 28, 2019.