When it comes to buying a new home or refinancing your existing mortgage, no one puts you more at ease than Gulf Coast Educators. We are here to help you each step of the way from loan pre-approval through closing.
Small Rates For Your Big Plans
- Conventional fixed rate mortgage – same low rate for the life of your loan
- Quick approval process
- Refinancing available
- Land Loans
- Teacher Mortgage Loans
- Second Home Loans for vacation properties
Our Mortgage Loan Experts Can Help With Any Questions
Our Mortgage Loan Experts are here to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to them. When you are ready to apply for your home loan, click any of the Apply buttons below.
Jeannette La Rue
If you are a teacher looking to buy a home, you are in luck. With a Gulf Coast Educators FCU Teacher Mortgage, you can finance your new home up to 100%, with no down payment or PMI required. To see if this is the right fit for you, check out the qualifications below.
- Must be a current teacher or administrator with at least two years of teaching experience in a public school district
- 680 or higher credit score
- 45% Debt-to Income limit
- $300K maximum loan amount
- $0 down payment required
- Member can use seller credit to cover closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance
- If you already own a home, you can refinance it with a Teacher Mortgage Refi.
Our Teacher Mortgage Loan Experts Can Help With Any Questions
Our Teacher Mortgage Loan Experts are here to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to them. When you are ready to apply for your home loan, click any of the Apply buttons below.
Jeannette La Rue
Found that perfect retirement spot or weekend getaway but not quite ready to build? In many cases, land values rise so if you put off purchasing now, that same piece of land can cost much more in just a few years.
A land loan from your credit union can help you secure that land with a 20% down payment and terms up to 15 years.
Our Land Loan Experts Can Help With Any Questions
Our Land Loan Experts are here to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to them. When you are ready to apply for your home loan, click any of the Apply buttons below.
Jeannette La Rue
Refinancing Your Mortgage
Interested in refinancing your current mortgage loan? We can help! Whether your current mortgage is with us or financed somewhere else, our mortgage loan experts can help you every step of the way.
Your Refinance Options:
- Better Rate – Refinance your mortgage to get a better rate and lower your monthly payment, shorten your term to pay your loan off faster, or both.
- Get Cash Back – Refinance your mortgage and use the equity built up to get cash back to make big purchases, such as home improvements, college tuition, pay off debts, and more.
- Teacher Mortgage Refi – If you are a teacher looking to refinance your mortgage, you are in luck! With a Gulf Coast Educators FCU Teacher Mortgage Refi, you can refinance your home up to 95%, with no PMI required.
Your Mortgage Refinance Loan Officers
Your mortgage refinance loan experts will guide you through each step of the application and funding process.
Jeannette La Rue
Trisha De La Rosa
Before you start your loan pre-qualification process, you will need the following documentation for your loan officer to review.
- 30 days worth of paystubs dated within 30 days of your application date (*GCEFCU cannot use direct deposit information for mortgage applications)
- 2 years worth of W2s, 1099s, etc.
- 2 years worth of tax returns (if self-employed, collecting rental income, or required by loan officer)
- Documents reflecting retirement income or benefits being collected (award letters, 1099s, statements, etc.)
- 2 months worth of bank statements from the account(s) you are seeking use for closing cost/down payment
- 2 forms of valid government identifications
- Copy of your contract
- Copy of earnest money check
- Proof of earnest money check clearing your account (once available)
- Most recent mortgage statement (if applicable)
- Deed of Trust(s) on your home(s) (if applicable)
- Current homeowners, windstorm, and/or flood insurance policies for each property owned
- If you own more than one property, please provide the mortgage statement, insurance policies, and/or rental agreements (if applicable)
- If you have student loans in deferment please provide documentation on the terms or your student loan(s).
Once you have started your mortgage loan process, you may be required to submit additional forms. The most commonly requested forms are listed below:
Frequently Asked Questions
1: What are the credit score requirements?
2: My Payroll is deposited directly into my GCEFCU account, do you still need my pay stubs?
3: Do student loans count against me when applying for a mortgage loan?
4: What if my credit score is below the minimum score required, but my spouse/co-borrower has great credit?
5: Can I get a personal loan or charge my credit card to cover the down payment and closing cost?
6: When is my first payment?
7: Do I have to pay my loan on the first of the month?
8: Can I split my payment into separate payments?
9: Who do I make out my payments to?
10: How do I make my mortgage payment?
11: When will I get loan coupons?
12: Are my HOA dues included in my escrow payment?
13: How do I apply for tax exemptions for my property taxes?
14: I applied for a tax exemption, but my payment has not changed. Who do I speak to?
15: Can I get a copy of my mortgage documents?
16: I would like to refinance my home with Gulf Coast Educators FCU. Who do I speak to?
17: What is escrow and do I have it?
18: How is my escrow payment calculated?
19: My escrow balance is more than my payments needed, why?
20: The escrow analysis reflects a SHORTAGE, what does that mean?
21: The escrow analysis reflects a DEFICIENCY, what does that mean?
22: The escrow analysis reflects a SURPLUS, what does that mean?
23: The county sent me my property tax statements, do I need to send these to Gulf Coast Educators FCU?
24: I received a letter in the mail stating that I do not have insurance with Gulf Coast Educators FCU. Who do I contact?
25: My insurance says that I am currently not covered, but the policy premium was paid at closing. Who do I contact?
26: How do I apply for tax exemptions for my property taxes?
27: My annual property tax amounts are wrong, who do I contact?
28: Are my homeowner’s association dues (HOA dues) included in my escrow payment?
29: I want to remove escrow from my mortgage, how do I accomplish this?
Home loans, mortgages, land loans, real estate loans