Term Share Accounts / CD Features
- Highest earning account offered
- No risk, and federally insured up to $250,000
- Terms available from 3 months to 5 years
- Minimum opening deposit of $1,000
- Easy online account opening
- Earn 1/2% more on your CD’s APY* by being a Premium Deposit Account holder
Open Your CD
Open Your CD
Using this form, you can open accounts under your existing five or six-digit membership (account number). Before you fill in the form, please read the appropriate account disclosures. In most cases, this should be taken care of the same business day it is received. If you are closing an account, please use the area below to detail your request.
The rates, fees and charges applicable to your account at the Credit Union are provided in the Rate and Fee Schedule. The Credit union may offer other rates for these accounts from time to time.
|TERM||DIVIDEND RATE||APY||PDA DIVIDEND RATE||PDA APY|
|JUMBO TERM SHARE ACCOUNTS (OVER $100,000)||*PDA NOT AVAILABLE ON JUMBOS|
|SUPER JUMBO TERM SHARE ACCOUNTS (OVER $200,000)||*PDA NOT AVAILABLE ON JUMBOS|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000|
|Minimum to Earn Dividends||$1,000|
|Additional Deposits||Not Allowed|
PDA = Premium Deposit Accounts add .50% to dividend rate. APY=Annual Percentage Yield
Premium Deposit Accounts
Premium Deposit Accounts
The Premium Deposit Account is designed to reward members who use several credit union services by adding one half a percent to the annual percentage yeild of any new Term Share Account opened. Members who use three of the following Gulf Coast Educators FCU services will qualify for the 1/2% bonus of the Premium Deposit Account.
- Checking account
- Direct deposit
- VISA® Debit Card
College Saver Term Share
College Saver Term Share
It’s never too early to start saving for college
It’s not always an easy thing to start saving for college. Expenses start adding up and sometimes it’s hard to take the first step. That’s why we’ve taken one of our Term Share and transformed it into a service our members can use to start saving money right away.
Here’s how it works:
- $25 minimum required opening deposit.
- $250 minimum balance to earn dividends.
- Unlimited number of deposits in amounts greater than $50
- Must be a Sandy Saver or Teen Club member (in other words… 17 years old or younger)
- Term Share renews automatically every 12-months until the member reaches 18 years of age
- Must have a parent/legal guardian joint owner
Terms and Conditions:
When your 12-month College Saver Term Share Certificate matures after your 18th birthday, the certificate will convert to a regular 12-month Term Share Certificate, or if the balance is less than $1,000, the balance will be deposited to a Share Account. The new account will be subject to all terms and conditions of the applicable Share or regular Term Share Accounts. Deposits to the 12-month College Saver Term Share Certificate can be made at any time in the amount of $50 or more. Deposits will not affect the maturity date and dividend rate.
Penalties are the same as a regular Term Share Account.
Truth in Savings Account Disclosures
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the accounts.
- Rate information. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield on your accounts are set forth above. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and the frequency of compounding for an annual period. The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the term of the account. The Annual Percentage Yield is based on an assumption that dividends will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal will reduce earnings.
- Nature of Dividends. Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after providing for the required reserves. The Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yields are the prospective rates and yields that the Credit Union anticipates paying for the applicable dividend period.
- Compounding and Crediting. Dividends will be compounded and credited as set forth above. The Dividend Period for each account is set forth above. The Dividend Period begins on the first calendar day of the Dividend Period and ends on the last calendar day of the Dividend Period.
- Balance information. The minimum balance required to open each account is set forth above. Dividends are Calculated by the Daily Balance method which applies a periodic rate to the balance in the account each day.
- Accrual of Dividends. Dividends will begin to accrue on cash deposits on the business day you make the deposit to your term account. Dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the business day you make the deposit to your account. If you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, accrued but unpaid dividends will be paid on term share certificates; accrued but unpaid dividends for all other accounts will not be paid if you close the account before accrued dividends are credited.
- Transaction Limitations. For Term Share Certificate Accounts, after your account is opened, you may make withdrawals subject to the early withdrawal penalties stated below.
- Maturity. Your account will mature within the term or at the maturity date set forth above or the maturity date set forth on your Account Receipt or Renewal Notice. Early Withdrawal Penalty. We may Impose a penalty if you withdraw any of the principal before the maturity date, or the renewal date, if this is a renewal account. Amount of Penalty. If Term Share Account funds other than dividends are withdrawn prior to maturity. A substantial penalty is Imposed as follows:
- If the maturity of the account is one year or less, the penalty is a forfeiture of an amount equal to 30 days’ dividends.
- If the maturity of the account is more than one year, the penalty is the forfeiture of an amount equal to 90 days’ dividends.
How the Penalty Works. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words. if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal. Exceptions to early Withdrawal Penalties.At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances:
- When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
- Withdrawal after the close of the dividend period in which the owner’s Credit Union membership was terminated under Article 11, Section 5 of the bylaws.
Renewal Policy. Your term share account may or may not be automatically renewable. If it is automatically renewable, you will have a grace period of seven (7) days after maturity in which to withdraw funds in the account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty. If you renew your account, you may make additional deposits only during the seven day grace period. Nontransferable/Nonnegotiable. Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable. The funds in our account may not be pledged to secure any obligation or an owner, except obligations with the Credit Union.
- Fees could reduce earnings on the account.