Make the switch to direct deposit with Gulf Coast Educators FCU
Switching your direct deposit from one financial institution to us has never been easier. Follow the simple steps below to get started.
- Fill out the form below to receive a certified letter from us with your account and routing number. This is the information your payroll department will need in order to set up your direct deposit.
- Complete your employer’s direct deposit form. If you work for a school in the Houston area, you can find your district’s direct deposit form below by clicking on the Direct Deposit Forms tab. If you do not work for a school, you will need to contact your employer’s HR department to receive the form. Attach this form and the certified letter you received from us and send to your employer’s HR department. They will take care of it from there!
- Review the Automatic Withdrawal Checklist to ensure that all of your automatic debits and bills are transferred over to your new account.
- Once your direct deposit and all your automatic debits have been successfully moved over, you can close your old account at your previous financial institution.
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- Direct Deposit Forms
- Automatic Withdrawal Checklist
- Closing Previous Account
Direct Deposit Forms
If you do not see your school or district listed, they may not fall within our field of membership. If you believe we left a school off on accident, please send us an email and we will get it fixed – email@example.com.
Automatic Withdrawal Checklist
To move your automatic payments and debits to your new GCEFCU checking account, most companies allow you to change your debit information through online access. You will need to provide the companies with your checking account number and the credit union’s routing number, which is 313087286.
You may also cancel your existing automatic payments and set them up through your free GCEFCU Bill Pay account through online banking. To ensure that you transition all of your existing accounts, you can use the checklist below to compare with your previous account’s statements of withdrawals.
- Electric Company
- Gas Company
- Water Company
- Cable, Internet, & Phone Service
- Auto, Home, & Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Any Loans (Student Loans, Vehicle Loans, Personal Loans, Credit Cards)
- Monthly Subscriptions (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, SiriusXM, Spotify, etc.)
- Misc. Items (Apple Wallet, Paypal, Information Stored Within Mobile Apps, etc.)
Closing Your Previous Checking Account
Once your reoccurring debits and direct deposit have been moved from your old checking account at your previous financial institution, you may request to close your account. Each institution has different procedures for closing accounts, but you may fill out the form at the link below and send to your previous institution to request to close your account.