Financially Healthy (Score 80-100)
At GCEFCU we desire to see our members achieve their financial goals and overall financial wellness. Your financial wellness score can be broken down into multiple parts. Here are some tips for addressing each area of your financial wellness to work towards increasing your overall financial health.
Save Score: To increase your saving score you will need to have sufficient liquid savings and long-term savings.
Tips for increasing your save score include:
- Setting up a Dollar Up Savings account to help save with a virtual change jar
- Creating set-aside savings for annual or other reoccurring expenses that you can expect (Ex. Vehicle registration, Flood insurance premiums, Christmas spending, back-to-school expenses, etc.)
Plan Score: To increase your plan score you will need to have appropriate insurance and plan ahead financially.
Tips for increasing your plan score include:
- Reviewing your insurance policies on an annual basis to ensure your insurance aligns with your assets
- Reviewing your current health insurance to see if you qualify for a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account
- Getting a free insurance quote from our licensed insurance agent. Click here for your free quote..
- Earning higher dividends on the funds that you worked to save by opening a Money Market or Term Share CD.
Have further questions?
If you have specific questions, please click here to email our Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor group and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
This feature leverages the Financial Health Network FinHealth Score® Toolkit.