We aren’t like a regular bank. We’re a credit union!
Gulf Coast Educators FCU is made up of educators and school employees, that is why all of our products and services revolve around you and your needs as a Barbers Hill ISD employee. When you open your savings account, you unlock all the great perks that being a GCEFCU member has to offer:
- Free savings and checking account. We only require that you keep $1 in your account.
- Direct Deposit your paycheck early. We can even help you switch your direct deposit over to your GCEFCU account with our online Switch Kit.
- Low rates on loans, such as auto loans, personal loans, and credit cards. You even get the option to defer your first payment up to 90 days.
- Special loans just for educators, like our Teacher Mortgage loan, Classroom Supply loan, Professional Development loan, and more.
- Special perks like discounted tickets to local attractions and Classroom Mini Grants.
- Convenient access to everything you need right here online or via our mobile app. You can open your account, get a loan, and pay your bills all from your smart phone.
Barbers Hill ISD
We Love Barbers Hill ISD
Every year the credit union donates thousands of dollars to local schools to not only help our educator-members better teach their students, but to also improve the learning and overall educational experience for the future of our community. We believe that education is the smartest investment one can choose to make. We are proud of the members we serve, and we know that you make a difference in the lives of many students.
When our Baytown branch opened, we partnered with Barbers Hill ISD and began donating and sponsoring events for BHISD school employees. You may recognize some of our Business Development team, as we are always sponsoring appreciation lunches and events at Barbers Hill ISD schools. Next time you see Julia, Jessica, Rebeca, or Marissa out at your school, feel free to stop by and say hello!
Products & Services
See What GCEFCU Has To Offer
Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union offers a wide range of innovative services that will enable you do to your banking any time, anywhere. At GCEFCU, you are more than just an account number. You are a member-owner that shares in the credit union’s success.
SAVINGS & INVESTMENTS
- Sandy Saver Kids’ Club (12 and under)
- Term Share Accounts (CDs)
- Jumbo Term Share Accounts (CDs over $100,000)
- Premium Deposit Accounts (PDA)
- College Saver Certificate
- Money Market Account
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Christmas Club Account
- My Savings Goal Account
- Dollar Up Savings Account
- Free Checking
- Advantage Checking
- Student Checking (ages 13-17)
- Auto Loans (New & Refinanced)
- Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- Credit Saver Loan
- Boat Loan
- Motorcycle Loan
- RV/Travel Trailer Loan
REAL ESTATE LOANS
Being a member of Gulf Coast Educators has its perks. Not only will you have an affordable & convenient place to do your banking, but you will also have access to all of the great benefits listed below.
Allpoint Surcharge Free ATMs
There is never a charge to use a Gulf Coast Educators VISA® debit card at one of our ATMs. Other financial institution ATMs charge fees (surcharges) to use their ATMs. To avoid these charges, we’ve partnered with Allpoint Nationwide Network. With Allpoint you have access to your funds wh “no surcharge fees” at tens of thousands of ATMs nationwide.
Direct Deposit & Payroll Deduction
Your time is worth money and we know it. That’s why we offer you the convenience of doing business with your credit union through direct deposit. The best part is that our members with direct deposit report receiving their deposits at least a day before their coworkers who have accounts elsewhere*.
We offer our members discount tickets for several amusement and theme parks in our area. To purchase tickets, you may contact the credit union for your verified member password (NOT your online banking password), and then purchase them online.
Classroom Mini Grants
If you have a project or lesson plan you’d like to implement in your classroom, but don’t have the funds to do so, we are here to help. Every January and July we accept hundreds of applications for our $100 Classroom Mini Grants. Must be a GCEFCU member to apply.
Gulf Coast Educators offers thousands of dollars in scholarships to graduating high school seniors every year. Must be a GCEFCU member to apply.
Our Money Talks blog features articles about saving, credit, fraud, and resources for educators. Check out our tips and tricks on all things financial and educational.
Sign up for Direct Deposit
Switching your direct deposit from one financial institution to us has never been easier. Follow the simple steps below to get started.
1. Once your account is open, fill out the form below to receive a certified letter from us with your account and routing number. This is the information your payroll department will need in order to set up your direct deposit.
2. Complete your employer’s direct deposit form. Barbers Hill ISD employees can download their direct deposit form by clicking here. Attach this form and the certified letter you received from us and send to your employer’s HR department. They will take care of it from there!
3. Review the Automatic Withdrawal Checklist to ensure that all of your automatic debits and bills are transferred over to your new account.
4. Once your direct deposit and all your automatic debits have been successfully moved over, you can close your old account at your previous financial institution.
Direct Deposit Authorization Request
Visit Your School
Want us to visit Barbers Hill ISD?
We appreciate our school employees, and we want to show it! Every day we throw appreciation lunches at schools all across the greater Houston area. Want us to throw your Barbers Hill ISD school a party next? Enter your school’s information in the form below, and one of our team members will reach out to your administrative team to set something up.
Stop by, Call, or Chat with us online!
Call or Text
You can reach us any time Mon-Fri from 7am-7pm or on Saturdays from 9am-12pm by calling or texting 281-487-9333.
Chat with us Online
Chat with us by clicking the orange “Live Help” button to the side of the screen. You can also visit with us through any of our social media pages by clicking on the icon below.
Stop by any of our Locations
Feel free to stop by any of our locations and visit with us in person!